Technical Rescue – Level 1
The Technical Rescue - Level 1 Course involves the skills and knowledge required to perform vertical and confined space rescue in a range of natural and man-made environments. It requires students to:
- Prepare and respond to rescue situations.
- Assess rescue scenes.
- Establish access systems.
- Perform rescues.
- Terminate rescues.
- PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation.
- PUASAR032 Undertake vertical rescue.
- PUASAR025 Undertake confined space rescue.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of enrolment.
- Have an email address and access to a computer with an internet connection.
- Complete a Pre-course Evaluation to determine suitability for the course.
- Have successfully completed HLTAID011 Provide first aid (a Statement of Attainment must be provided).
- Have successfully completed a Technical Rescue - Level 1 Course with the Australian Army.
Refer to the Group 314 RPL Policy
Click here for more information.
Assessment activities include:
- Knowledge assessments (for each unit).
- File submission - First Aid Certificate.
- File submission - Record of Attainment (ROA).
If you would like to discuss this course with a Group 314 representative, please email email@example.com or phone 1300 448 779.
Why study with us
- The practical application of skills and knowledge is important to us.
- Our trainers and assessors have vast amounts of industry experience.
- Prior learning is recognised to avoid unnecessary effort.
- Courses are customised to suit individual and organisational needs.
- We will help as much as we can.
- There are no unexpected charges and payment plans are offered.
What our students say
The course we just completed was the best course I have done for a very long time. The instructor was excellent, he integrated himself into the course. He may have been instructing the course but he acted like part of the team, which made learning and interaction much easier. He obviously knows how to run the course. I would not hesitate in recommending this course.