Below is an overview of the UATL Conversion Course.
For more information give Group 314 a call on 1300 448 799.
SIS40619 Certificate IV in Outdoor Leadership
The following course is for Roping and Canyoning UATL’s.
UATL Conversion – Roping and Canyoning
Licensing/Regulatory Information - No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of endorsement.
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety.
- PUAOPE013 Operate communications systems and equipment.
- SISOFLD002 Minimise environmental impact.
- SISOPLN001 Finalise operation of outdoor recreation activities.
- SISOPLN002 Plan outdoor recreation activities.
- SISOPLN004 Identify hazards, assess and control risks for outdoor recreation activities
- SISOPLN005 Interpret weather and environmental conditions for outdoor recreation activities
- SISORSC001 Conduct search and rescue.
- SISXCAI006 Facilitate groups.
- SISXCCS003 Address client needs
- SISXEMR002 Coordinate emergency responses
- SISXFAC001 Maintain equipment for activities.
Group A Abseiling, Natural Surfaces, Single Pitch
- SISOABS003 Abseil single pitches, natural surfaces.
- SISOABS006 Establish ropes for single pitch abseiling on natural surfaces.
- SISOABS009 Lead single pitch abseiling activities on natural surfaces.
- SISOFLD006 Navigate in tracked environments.
- SISORSC002 Perform vertical rescues.
Group B Abseiling, Natural Surfaces, Multi Pitch
- SISOABS004 Abseil multi pitches, natural surfaces.
- SISOABS007 Establish ropes for multi pitch abseiling on natural surfaces.
- SISOABS010 Lead multi pitch abseiling activities on natural surfaces.
- SISORSC003 Perform complex vertical rescues.
Group E Canyoning, Easy to Intermediate
- SISOCAY001 Traverse canyons.
- SISOCAY002 Abseil in easy to intermediate canyons.
- SISOCAY004 Establish ropes and belays for abseils in easy to intermediate canyons.
- SISOCAY006 Lead canyoning activities, easy to intermediate canyons.
SISOFLD007 Navigate in difficult tracked environments.
Group F Canyoning, Intermediate to Advanced
- SISOCAY001 Traverse canyons.
- SISOCAY003 Abseil in intermediate to advanced canyons.
- SISOCAY005 Establish ropes and belays for abseils in intermediate to advanced canyons.
- SISOCAY007 Lead canyoning activities, intermediate to advanced canyons.
Imported / Elective Units
- SISOABL002 Facilitate adventure-based learning activities.
- SISOABS001 Abseil single pitches using fundamental skills.
- SISOABS002 Abseil single pitches, artificial surfaces.
- SISOABS005 Establish ropes for single pitch abseiling on artificial surfaces.
- SISOABS008 Lead single pitch abseiling activities on artificial surfaces.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of enrolment.
- Have an email address and access to a computer with an internet connection.
- Complete a Pre-course Evaluation conducted by Group 314 to determine suitability for the course.
- Be a qualified and current UATL.
- Have conducted at least two Adventurous Training (AT) activities.
Refer to the Group 314 RPL Policy Click here for more information.
Refer to the Group 314 Credit Transfer Policy Click here for more information.
- Document uploads.
- Online knowledge assessments.
- Third party evidence reports.
More information about this qualification is available at Click here
If you would like to discuss this course with a Group 314 representative, please email email@example.com or phone 1300 448 779.