Below is an overview of the UATL Conversion Course.
For more information give Group 314 a call on 1300 448 799.
SIS40619 Certificate IV in Outdoor Leadership
The following course is for Sea Kayaking UATL’s.
UATL Conversion – Sea Kayaking
Licensing/Regulatory Information - No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of endorsement.
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety.
- PUAOPE013 Operate communications systems and equipment.
- SISOFLD002 Minimise environmental impact.
- SISOPLN001 Finalise operation of outdoor recreation activities.
- SISOPLN002 Plan outdoor recreation activities.
- SISOPLN004 Identify hazards, assess and control risks for outdoor recreation activities
- SISOPLN005 Interpret weather and environmental conditions for outdoor recreation activities
- SISORSC001 Conduct search and rescue.
- SISXCAI006 Facilitate groups.
- SISXCCS003 Address client needs
- SISXEMR002 Coordinate emergency responses
- SISXFAC001 Maintain equipment for activities.
Group W Sea Kayaking
- SISOFLD005 Navigate waterway courses.
- SISOKYS001 Paddle a sea kayak in enclosed waters.
- SISOKYS002 Paddle a sea kayak in sheltered coastal waters.
- SISOKYS004 Lead sea kayaking activities in enclosed waters.
- SISOKYS005 Lead sea kayaking activities in sheltered coastal waters
Group X Sea Kayaking, Exposed Waters
- MARO003 Transmit and receive information by the global maritime distress and safety system.
- SISOKYS003 Paddle a sea kayak in exposed coastal waters.
- SISOKYS006 Lead sea kayaking activities in exposed coastal waters
Imported / Elective Units
- SISOABL002 Facilitate adventure-based learning activities.
An extra five (5) units are required to obtain the full qualification. It is recommended that other qualifications are used for Credit Transfer (such as Certificate IV in Training and Assessment). It is recommended that Group 314 be contacted prior to enrolling to discuss how the additional units will be achieved.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of enrolment.
- Have an email address and access to a computer with an internet connection.
- Complete a Pre-course Evaluation conducted by Group 314 to determine suitability for the course.
- Be a qualified and current UATL.
- Have conducted at least two Adventurous Training (AT) activities.
Refer to the Group 314 RPL Policy Click here for more information.
Refer to the Group 314 Credit Transfer Policy Click here for more information.
- Document uploads.
- Online knowledge assessments.
- Third party evidence reports.
Students must possess a Marine Radio Operator Certificate of Proficiency (MROCP) from a third party provider.
More information about this qualification is available at Click here
If you would like to discuss this course with a Group 314 representative, please email email@example.com or phone 1300 448 779.