UATL Conversion – White Water Kayaking
The UATL qualification is closely aligned to the Certificate IV in Outdoor Leadership. Each UATL discipline has been mapped to the qualification to maximise the amount of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
This course is for White Water Kayaking UATL's. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) will be used to partially issue SIS40619 Certificate IV in Outdoor Leadership.
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety
- PUAOPE013 Operate communications systems and equipment
- SISOFLD002 Minimise environmental impact
- SISOPLN001 Finalise operation of outdoor recreation activities
- SISOPLN002 Plan outdoor recreation activities
- SISOPLN004 Identify hazards, assess and control risks for outdoor recreation activities
- SISOPLN005 Interpret weather and environmental conditions for outdoor recreation activities
- SISORSC001 Conduct search and rescue
- SISXCAI006 Facilitate groups
- SISXCCS003 Address client needs
- SISXEMR002 Coordinate emergency responses
- SISXFAC001 Maintain equipment for activities
Group U Kayaking, Moving Water
- SISOFLD006 Navigate in tracked environments
- SISOKYK001 Paddle a kayak on inland flatwater
- SISOKYK002 Paddle a kayak on moving water up to grade 1 rivers
- SISOKYK005 Lead kayaking activities on inland flatwater
- SISOKYK006 Lead kayaking activities on moving water up to grade 1 rivers
Group V Kayaking, White Water, Grade 2 Rivers
- SISOKYK003 Paddle a kayak on grade 2 rivers
- SISOKYK007 Lead kayaking activities on grade 2 rivers
- SISORSC004 Self rescue in white water
- SISORSC005 Rescue others in white water
Imported / Elective Units
- SISOABL002 Facilitate adventure-based learning activities
- SISOKYK004 Paddle a kayak on grade 3 rivers
An extra four (4) units are required to obtain the full qualification. It is recommended that other qualifications are used for Credit Transfer (such as Certificate IV in Training and Assessment). It is recommended that Group 314 be contacted prior to enrolling to discuss how the additional units will be achieved.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of enrolment.
- Have an email address and access to a computer with an internet connection.
- Complete a Pre-course Evaluation conducted by Group 314 to determine suitability for the course.
- Be a qualified and current UATL.
- Have conducted at least two Adventurous Training (AT) activities.
Refer to the Group 314 RPL Policy Click here for more information.
Refer to the Group 314 Credit Transfer Policy Click here for more information.
- Knowledge assessments (online).
- Third party evidence reports.
- Portfolio (document uploads).
There are three steps in the process:
- Step 1 - Upload qualification, provide proof of currency, complete knowledge assessments.
- Step 2 - Provide evidence of conducting AT, provide Third Party Evidence, complete knowledge assessments.
- Step 3 - Complete additional tasks to meet the packaging requirements of the qualification (this will vary).
More information about this qualification is available at Click here
If you would like to discuss this course with a Group 314 representative, please email email@example.com or phone 1300 448 779.
Why study with us
- The practical application of skills and knowledge is important to us.
- Our trainers and assessors have vast amounts of industry experience.
- Prior learning is recognised to avoid unnecessary effort.
- Courses are customised to suit individual and organisational needs.
- We will help as much as we can.
- There are no unexpected charges and payment plans are offered.
What our students say
The course we just completed was the best course I have done for a very long time. The instructor was excellent, he integrated himself into the course. He may have been instructing the course but he acted like part of the team, which made learning and interaction much easier. He obviously knows how to run the course. I would not hesitate in recommending this course.