Below is an overview of the UATL Conversion Course.
For more information give Group 314 a call on 1300 448 799.
SIS40619 Certificate IV in Outdoor Leadership
The following course is for White Water Rafting UATL’s.
UATL Conversion – White Water Rafting
Licensing/Regulatory Information - No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of endorsement.
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety.
- PUAOPE013 Operate communications systems and equipment.
- SISOFLD002 Minimise environmental impact.
- SISOPLN001 Finalise operation of outdoor recreation activities.
- SISOPLN002 Plan outdoor recreation activities.
- SISOPLN004 Identify hazards, assess and control risks for outdoor recreation activities
- SISOPLN005 Interpret weather and environmental conditions for outdoor recreation activities
- SISORSC001 Conduct search and rescue.
- SISXCAI006 Facilitate groups.
- SISXCCS003 Address client needs
- SISXEMR002 Coordinate emergency responses
- SISXFAC001 Maintain equipment for activities.
Group Y Rafting, Grade 3 Rivers
- SISOFLD006 Navigate in tracked environments.
- SISORAF002 Guide a raft on grade 3 rivers.
- SISORAF005 Lead rafting activities on grade 3 rivers.
- SISORSC004 Self rescue in white water.
- SISORSC005 Rescue others in white water.
- SISORSC006 Lead and participate in complex white water rescues
Group Z Rafting, Grade 4 Rivers
- SISORAF003 Guide a raft on grade 4 rivers.
- SISORAF006 Lead rafting activities on grade 4 rivers
Imported / Elective Units
- SISOABL002 Facilitate adventure-based learning activities.
- SISORAF001 Guide a raft on grade 2 rivers.
- SISORAF004 Lead rafting activities on grade 2 rivers
An extra four (4) units are required to obtain the full qualification. It is recommended that other qualifications are used for Credit Transfer (such as Certificate IV in Training and Assessment). It is recommended that Group 314 be contacted prior to enrolling to discuss how the additional units will be achieved.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of enrolment.
- Have an email address and access to a computer with an internet connection.
- Complete a Pre-course Evaluation conducted by Group 314 to determine suitability for the course.
- Be a qualified and current UATL.
- Have conducted at least two Adventurous Training (AT) activities.
Refer to the Group 314 RPL Policy Click here for more information.
Refer to the Group 314 Credit Transfer Policy Click here for more information.
- Document uploads.
- Online knowledge assessments.
- Third party evidence reports.
More information about this qualification is available at Click here
If you would like to discuss this course with a Group 314 representative, please email email@example.com or phone 1300 448 779.