Swiftwater Rescue Responder
Swiftwater and floodwater recovery involves the rescue of persons from fast moving water in areas such as stormwater drains, canals, rivers and/or creeks. It involves the use of a variety of rescue techniques with suitably equipped responders entering the water.
The course is applicable to emergency service personnel who may perform a narrow range of land based rescues from a swiftwater and/or floodwater environment while working under direct supervision.
- PUASAR001 Perform land based swiftwater and floodwater rescue and recovery.
Group cost: $7,800 ex GST (up to 12 participants)
This cost includes:
- Two days of training and assessment.
- A range of practical scenarios on different sections of the river.
- Professionally guided raft trips on Grade 3-4 rivers.
- All technical swiftwater rescue equipment.
Personal equipment may be used but must be inspected and approved by Group 314 prior to the course commencing.
- Provide a current Statement of Attainment for 'HLTAID011 Provide First Aid'.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of enrolment.
- Have an email address and access to a computer with an internet connection.
- Complete a Pre-course Evaluation to determine suitability for the course.
- Be able to swim at least 50 metres.
- Be physically fit and well to participate in swiftwater rescue training.
- Have recent and credible emergency service experience.
- Have existing competency in ropes, knots, stretchers, and casualty management.
Additional RPL options are not available for this course. Students must complete all the assessment tasks as a verification of competency.
- Knowledge Assessment (written).
- Skills Assessment.
- Competency Observation (scenarios).
Students will participate in a range of realistic rescue scenarios on a river.
Rivers are seasonal and subject to short notice variations.
More information about Group 314, including company policies and other general student information, is available at Click here
If you would like to discuss this course with a Group 314 representative, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 448 779.
Why study with us
- The practical application of skills and knowledge is important to us.
- Our trainers and assessors have vast amounts of industry experience.
- Prior learning is recognised to avoid unnecessary effort.
- Courses are customised to suit individual and organisational needs.
- We will help as much as we can.
- There are no unexpected charges and payment plans are offered.
What our students say
The course we just completed was the best course I have done for a very long time. The instructor was excellent, he integrated himself into the course. He may have been instructing the course but he acted like part of the team, which made learning and interaction much easier. He obviously knows how to run the course. I would not hesitate in recommending this course.