BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
As well as assuming responsibility for their own performance, individuals at this level are likely to provide leadership, guidance and support to others. They may also have some responsibility for organising and monitoring the output of teams.
They apply solutions to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
The 12 Units are made up of 5 Core Units plus 7 Elective Units.
The standard course offered by Group 314 includes the following Units.
- BSBLDR411 Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
- BSBLDR413 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBOPS402 Coordinate business operational plans
- BSBXCM401 Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team
- BSBLDR412 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- BSBLDR414 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBOPS403 Apply business risk management processes
- BSBPEF402 Develop personal work priorities
- BSBSTR502 Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBWHS411 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- BSBOPS404 Implement customer service strategies
Other elective combinations are possible. Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
Course fees will vary depending on the amount of RPL or Credit Transfer available. Please contact Group 314 to discuss your individual circumstances to develop a custom training plan.
No more than $1,500 ex GST will be charged upon enrolment for private (non-corporate) enrolments.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of enrolment.
- Have an email address and access to a computer with an internet connection.
- Have very good language, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Have Microsoft Office (or equivalent) including Word, Excel and Powerpoint and the ability to use these programs.
- Complete a Pre-course Evaluation to determine suitability for the course.
- Have recent and credible business / industry experience.
- Have access to an operational work environment for the completion of assessment tasks.
- Have access to workplace policies and procedures.
Some students may be able to complete the course in less time through demonstrated prior learning or credit transfer.
Refer to the Group 314 Recognition of Prior Learning Policy and the Group 314 Credit Transfer Policy for more information.
Successful RPL applications may result in variations to the duration and cost of the course.
Refer to the Group 314 RPL Policy Click here for more information.
Successful Credit Transfer applications may result in variations to the duration and cost of the course.
Refer to the Group 314 Credit Transfer Policy Click here for more information.
- Knowledge Assessments (written).
- Assignments (written).
- Competency Observations (scenarios).
Students will participate in a range of realistic scenarios.
More information about Group 314, including company policies and other general student information, is available at Click here
If you would like to discuss this course with a Group 314 representative, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 448 779.
Why study with us
- The practical application of skills and knowledge is important to us.
- Our trainers and assessors have vast amounts of industry experience.
- Prior learning is recognised to avoid unnecessary effort.
- Courses are customised to suit individual and organisational needs.
- We will help as much as we can.
- There are no unexpected charges and payment plans are offered.
What our students say
The course we just completed was the best course I have done for a very long time. The instructor was excellent, he integrated himself into the course. He may have been instructing the course but he acted like part of the team, which made learning and interaction much easier. He obviously knows how to run the course. I would not hesitate in recommending this course.