SISSS00126 Wilderness First Aid
The recommended industry standard to maintain current competency is for this course to be refreshed every 3 years, with the CPR component to be refreshed annually.
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
- SISOFLD004 Provide first aid in remote locations
- SISXEMR002 Coordinate emergency responses
$450 ex GST for a recertification.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of enrolment.
- Have an email address and access to a computer with an internet connection.
- Have good language, literacy, and numeracy skills.
- Complete a Pre-course Evaluation conducted by Group 314 to determine suitability for the course.
- Be prepared to participate in realistic first aid scenarios.
- An e-learning module prior, OR
- A current first aid certificate.
2 days for a re-certification.
- One day of e-learning for those that don't have a current first aid certificate.
- Four days of practical workshop.
Refer to the Group 314 RPL Policy for more information at
Refer to the Group 314 Credit Transfer Policy for more information at
Assessment activities include:
- Written knowledge assessments.
- Conduct of scenarios.
- Practical skills assessment.
Accommodation is normally basic camping in field locations.
More information about Group 314, including company policies and other general student information, is available at Click here
If you would like to discuss this course with a Group 314 representative, please email email@example.com or phone 1300 448 779.
Why study with us
- The practical application of skills and knowledge is important to us.
- Our trainers and assessors have vast amounts of industry experience.
- Prior learning is recognised to avoid unnecessary effort.
- Courses are customised to suit individual and organisational needs.
- We will help as much as we can.
- There are no unexpected charges and payment plans are offered.
What our students say
The course we just completed was the best course I have done for a very long time. The instructor was excellent, he integrated himself into the course. He may have been instructing the course but he acted like part of the team, which made learning and interaction much easier. He obviously knows how to run the course. I would not hesitate in recommending this course.