BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
It is for supervisors, WHS personnel, and workers in other WHS-related roles who manage risks effectively, apply relevant WHS laws, and contribute to WHS within the workplace in known or changing contexts with established parameters.
In this course, the term Work Health and Safety (WHS) is interchangeable with Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S).
The 10 Units may be made up of 5 Core Units plus 5 Elective Units.
The standard course offered by Group 314 includes the following Units.
- BSBWHS412 Assist with compliance with WHS laws.
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes.
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems.
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response.
- BSBWHS417 Assist with managing WHS implications of return to work
- BSBWHS418 Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors
- BSBWHS419 Contribute to implementing WHS monitoring processes
- BSBCMM411 Make presentations.
- BSBLDR411 Demonstrate leadership in the workplace.
Other elective combinations are possible. Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
Course fees will vary depending on the amount of RPL or Credit Transfer available. Please contact Group 314 to discuss your individual circumstances to develop a custom training plan.
No more than $1,500 ex GST will be charged upon enrolment for private (non-corporate) enrolments.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of enrolment.
- Have an email address and access to a computer with an internet connection.
- Have very good language, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Have Microsoft Office (or equivalent) including Word, Excel and Powerpoint and the ability to use these programs.
- Complete a Pre-course Evaluation conducted by Group 314 to determine suitability for the course.
- Have recent and credible business / industry experience.
- Have access to workplace Work Health and Safety systems.
- Have access to workplace policies and procedures.
Some students may be able to complete the course in less time through demonstrated prior learning or credit transfer.
Refer to the Group 314 Recognition of Prior Learning Policy and the Group 314 Credit Transfer Policy for more information.
Successful RPL applications may result in variations to the duration and cost of the course.
Refer to the Group 314 RPL Policy Click here for more information.
Successful Credit Transfer applications may result in variations to the duration and cost of the course.
Refer to the Group 314 Credit Transfer Policy Click here for more information.
Assessment activities include:
- Written Knowledge Assessments.
- Third Party Evidence.
Students will participate in a range of realistic scenarios.
More information about Group 314, including company policies and other general student information, is available at Click here
If you would like to discuss this course with a Group 314 representative, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 448 779.
Why study with us
- The practical application of skills and knowledge is important to us.
- Our trainers and assessors have vast amounts of industry experience.
- Prior learning is recognised to avoid unnecessary effort.
- Courses are customised to suit individual and organisational needs.
- We will help as much as we can.
- There are no unexpected charges and payment plans are offered.
What our students say
The course we just completed was the best course I have done for a very long time. The instructor was excellent, he integrated himself into the course. He may have been instructing the course but he acted like part of the team, which made learning and interaction much easier. He obviously knows how to run the course. I would not hesitate in recommending this course.