Bushwalking – Difficult Tracked Environments
The course will use a variety of campsites. Students are to bring their own camping equipment and rations.
Bushwalking equipment will be provided (backpacks, poles, ropes, compasses etc).
Students are required to bring their own camping equipment and clothing.
Students may bring personal equipment, but it must pass an inspection by Group 314 prior to use.
- SISOBWG002 Bushwalk in difficult tracked environments.
- SISOFLD007 Navigate in difficult tracked environments.
The course content is:
- Day 1 - Demonstration activity, equipment, walking techniques, planning.
- Day 2 - Skill development, navigation.
- Day 3 - Bushwalk and assessment.
- Day 4 - Bushwalk and assessment.
- Day 5 - Bushwalk and assessment.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of enrolment.
- Have an email address and access to a computer with an internet connection.
- Complete a Pre-course Evaluation conducted by Group 314 to determine suitability for the course.
- Physical ability to bushwalk.
Refer to the Group 314 RPL Policy Click here for more information.
Refer to the Group 314 Credit Transfer Policy Click here for more information.
- Written Knowledge Assessment (2).
- Competency Observation (6).
- Skills Assessment(2).
If you would like to discuss this course with a Group 314 representative, please email email@example.com or phone 1300 448 779.
Why study with us
- The practical application of skills and knowledge is important to us.
- Our trainers and assessors have vast amounts of industry experience.
- Prior learning is recognised to avoid unnecessary effort.
- Courses are customised to suit individual and organisational needs.
- We will help as much as we can.
- There are no unexpected charges and payment plans are offered.
What our students say
The course we just completed was the best course I have done for a very long time. The instructor was excellent, he integrated himself into the course. He may have been instructing the course but he acted like part of the team, which made learning and interaction much easier. He obviously knows how to run the course. I would not hesitate in recommending this course.